The Rules for Being Human
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire duration.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life.
- There are no mistakes. Only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error and experimentation. The “failed’ experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work”.
- Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms, until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are still lessons to be learned.
- “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” has become “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here”.
- Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you.
- You will forget all this.
I especially love number seven. It keeps us truly responsible for our perception . Are they any rules you would add, or take away? Please share in the comments below – Sunny Dawn Johnston