Sweet relief is the name of this game … The Full Moon of September can offer a sense of ease and freedom in profound ways after the intense energy we have witnessed over the past few months. For some this will be a breath of fresh air. For others it can bring forth what truly is important in life. Either way it is all about perspective and choices. Pisces is a water sign – be mindful of feelings and emotions … especially since a Full Moon can already amplify any underlying situations.
Along with the emotional emphasis for this water sign, there comes deep opportunity for profound insight and intuition. Use discernment as usual to separate the truth from an internal story you may have been telling yourself. This is a powerful time to cut through illusion to continue the clarifying theme of 2020 representing vision, clarity, and transparency. This is why many old hidden ways are being brought to light.
Though it has been an intense year, it has also provided you with opportunities within the contrast. Are you choosing to see through the lens of possibility or restriction? The choice is always yours. Though you may not have control over the outer world, your inner world is patiently waiting for you to explore it. Practice this as the seasons shift with a natural progression into the fall season. Learn to surrender inward, allow yourself to fall, and you will land in the perfect place.
Native meaning of the moon:
The Full Moon that happens nearest to the autumnal equinox (September 22 or 23) always takes on the name “Harvest Moon” instead of a traditional name—a rule that often places the Harvest Moon in the month of September. This year September’s Full Moon takes on the name “Full Corn Moon” as it occurs early in the month; the Full Moon of early October lands nearest to the autumnal equinox and therefore takes on the Harvest Moon title instead.
In 2020, October will experience two full Moons: one on October 1 (the Harvest Moon) and the other on the 31st (the Hunter’s Moon / Blue Moon too) ~ Farmer’s Almanac
“Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” ~ Delia Owens
The Moon + Business:
- Allow intuition to guide decisions; especially be mindful of conscious communication in relationships and partnerships.
- Bring flexibility and spaciousness into your work.
- Pause and take time before responding to requests or invitations; clarify if they’re in alignment for you.
- If it feels off, it always is – trust that! At the same time, if it feels right, give energy to it.
- Begin conserving for winter … it is a good time to review budgets and expenditures.
- Manage your boundaries and be clear; do not make assumptions.
Tips for the September 2020 Full Moon
A Pisces Full Moon can be a little daunting for those who avoid dealing with feelings or emotions. Let the Full Moon aid you to move through experiences with greater ease. Being in touch with feelings does not make you emotional; it makes you conscious and aware. Reacting to feelings is where emotions come in and can take you out of alignment. Stay present and be willing to let them flow through and you will find a sense of peace you may have been missing for quite some time.
- Witness emotions and your reaction to them.
- Embrace your intuition and take action when it feels right.
- Find your “flow” – the water element may help in an area you have been feeling a little stuck.
Full Moon Practice: Gifts from the Universe
Full Moons are known as the time to sit, reflect, and release anything that may no longer serve you. This is all very true, and it is really powerful to take advantage of the releasing influence of a Full Moon. The other side to letting go is bringing attention to the wisdom you have received and allowed in over the previous four weeks since the last Full Moon.
You may have heard the phrase, “what you bring attention to will grow or expand”; working with a Full Moon can heighten intentions and goals. This simple practice can be done anywhere; yet sitting in view of the moon or moonlight can accentuate the connection and experience for you. You will need a journal and pen for this experience.
- Begin by reflecting on the previous four weeks. What went well? What worked, came together, opened up, or manifested for you? Even if it was a difficult time, find the gems of grace within the moments … look in between the challenges.
- Write down everything you can think of that was a gift for you to experience. Pour your words onto the paper … Free write, releasing the desire to censor or fix as you write.
- One-by-one read the items out loud, pausing in-between … giving them proper space to be acknowledged, witnessed, and honored. Take your time; do not rush. There is nothing too small to celebrate, and witness with a grateful heart.
- Thank every item on your list …
- Then thank yourself for being available to receive each of these items as if they were a precious gift from the universe … because they were.
- Take a deep breath in … and exhale, letting go. Allow a sense of peace and comfort to wash over you, knowing you are always being guided and supported.
Reminder: Every Full Moon has the potential to impact you three days before the Full Moon and three days after. Full Moons are always a wonderful time to practice releasing resentments, regrets, and resistance. Create a ceremony during this time to embrace and work with this potent energy; trust space is being created for you on your behalf to allow in your deepest desires. You are not alone, so be mindful when encountering others during the peak of a Full Moon. Send them love since the moon is likely illuminating emotions and subconscious opportunities within them and they might be a little more sensitive than usual.
Next month, October actually has two Full Moons, on October 1 and then again on October 31st, Halloween!
Melissa Kim Corter
Melissa Kim Corter is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Shamanic practitioner certified over 20 healing modalities. She helps clients release fear & clear away the emotional clutter from their life experiences. Through various modalities coupled with her heightened intuition, she connects with your spirit for expanded truth and guidance on how to shift limiting beliefs. The earth, moon, and elements have been a channel for deeper levels of healing and connection for Melissa, stirring a passion within her to teach others to embrace the natural world.
Do you feel erratic, wonky, or emotional during the Full Moon? The Moon holds the key to the subconscious mind. Book a session with Melissa during the Full Moon to move the energy, uncover the blocks and find your own natural rhythm and harmony within the moon cycles.