I always love the energy of the full moon – well… almost always. Sometime it gets a bit intense, which is why I ask people that tune into moon energy to let me know, in advance…. what to be mindful of. I’m one of those types of people that would rather have awareness ahead of time… than not.. so… Here is some great info for this months FULL MOON by Melissa Corter – Enjoy – SDJ ♥
November 23rd Full Moon in Gemini
The Gemini Full Moon is a messenger of sorts with communication and social connection a theme. This is a wonderful time to connect with others, get out, and socialize. A Gemini Full Moon can invite us to release inhibitions and find joy in trying new experiences and open up to a new dimension within ourselves. We may notice a sense of relief after a tough September and October, Mercury has now gone direct and left us with a new vibe to attune to.
This energy is more fun and playful, creating opportunities of discovery and lighthearted adventure. Delving soulfully into the heart with fresh eyes and an open mind, the air element of Gemini seeks to uncover latent territory. This Full Moon shines to ignite the carefree nature within, the agenda of the inner child to have their time to guide you. One of the greatest traits of this full moon is the ability to have an open mind. The energy supports becoming flexible and able to connect with others and see the world from their perspective.
Full Beaver Moon – November This was the time to set beaver traps before the swamps froze, to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. Another interpretation suggests that the name Full Beaver Moon comes from the fact that the beavers are now actively preparing for winter. It is sometimes also referred to as the Frosty Moon. (Farmer’s Almanac)
Full Moon Self Care for Gemini Energy:
- Physical- Use your hands to create something or express yourself. Focus on following through to ground the energy of this month. Gemini rules the hands, fingers, arms, shoulders, upper ribs, lungs, nervous system, and brain.
- Emotional- Gemini connect to the air element, place attention on communication; your words are your wands. Affirmative statements are also beneficial at this time. Stones to work with are agate, Aquamarine, Emerald, Tigers Eye, and Citrine.
- Spiritually- Work with air to clearly articulate and communicate, be mindful of the dual energy of Gemini. Use this to see both sides of a situation or problem. Gemini has yin and yang energy, channel this in your endeavors.
Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, and mankind the vessel.
Tips for The November 2018 Gemini Full Moon:
The air element connects us to the intellect, yet the influence of the Full Moon mixes intellect and emotion together in a playful manner of childlike wonder filtered through wisdom. This is a time to lighten up, hand over fears of things “getting too good” and let them be replaced with a deep sense of faith that all is coming together for your greatest good. This month can bring blessings of abundance, connection, and social interactions of celebration 9if you keep your heart open to the possibilities.
If the mind feels very busy, it could be overstimulated by the Gemini Moon. The energy might feel intense and create over thinking or a desire to control or reason things away. This response to the Full Moon can shift if you release the need to control and allow the energy of Moon to support you. Sometimes people internalize the energy instead if allowing it to move through them. Use your breath (think of the quality of the air element) to help you let go, and allow the thoughts to pass while focus on gratitude and appreciation.
Ways You Can Connect to This Full Moon:
- Find out when the moon rise is in your city by going here: http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
- Find a place where you can see, or sense the energy of the full moon. Preferably a comfortable position with the moon in sight.
- Take 5 to 10 deep breaths as you feel and sense the air element flowing through your body, and perhaps a breeze on your skin.
- Now bring a loved one to mind whom you wish to connect with. They may be here walking the Earth or in spirit. Hold a message in your heart, words you wish to share with them, let the words flutter through your body, mind, and spirit.
- Now with your next breath pretend to blow out the words into the universe…. let the wind carry your words to the heavens or out into the world. Feel the pull of the moon, amplifying this effect, knowing your message has been sent.
**Reminder: each full moon will impact you for up to 3 days prior to the full moon and 3 days after the full moon.
Full moons are always powerful times for releasing and letting go. Try creating your own ceremony or honoring of this time to embrace the energy that this time has to help you create space in your life for what you truly desire. As always remember, you are not alone in experiencing this phase, be mindful of this when encountering others over these next few days. Send them love as they are also shining a light on themselves and may be extra sensitive during this time. The next full moon is on December 22nd, it is known as the Full Cold Moon
Melissa Kim Corter
Melissa Kim Corter is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Shamanic practitioner certified over 20 healing modalities. She helps clients release fear & clear away the emotional clutter from their life experiences. Through various modalities coupled with her heightened intuition, she connects with your spirit for expanded truth and guidance on how to shift limiting beliefs. The earth, moon, and elements have been a channel for deeper levels of healing and connection for Melissa, stirring a passion within her to teach others to embrace the natural world.
Melissa has opened the Moon Vault! Do you feel erratic, wonky, or emotional during the Full Moon? The Moon Vault is your home for monthly recordings, information, tips, and practices to find your own natural rhythm and harmony with the moon cycles. http://melissacorter.com/join-the-moon-vault