The June Supermoon is a potent symbol of the feminine aspects rising to the surface: intuition, mystery, depth, soul, and creativity. This energy is rich with invitations and inspires movement in various forms. For some, this might create a feeling similar to anxiety in the nervous system. Understanding this impulse is the key to channeling the energy forward so it does not create an excess of mental energy.
This month’s Full Moon is a Supermoon, meaning it appears larger in the sky due to the distance of the moon to Earth. Anytime a Full Moon is a certain perigee (about 90%) it is considered a Supermoon. The perigee is the point of orbit closest to the Earth. In addition, this Full Moon is influenced by the sign of Sagittarius, a fire sign, and fire brings a power we sometimes fear. Respect and discernment extract the magic of the fire element, igniting fun and adventure and a positive outlook.
One of the most supportive psychological and energetic aspects this particular Sagittarius Full Moon offers is the magnetic vibration of gratitude. Gratitude always has the power to transform and shift the focus; yet coupled with the Full Moon, miracles and magic are more present. The world starts to reflect the hidden helpers in this world and in the in-between realms. Gratitude is not just a feeling; it can also be a medicine, a strategy, and a process. Gratitude and curiosity together generate a sacred container for possibilities. The two in harmony activate the essence of the fire element in the most creative of forms. You may have divine synchronistic moments so unbelievable you need to pause in awe while witnessing the unfolding of the impossible. Be with the magic, sit with it, and allow it to work within you. This is a time to believe the universe when it reveals its many secrets.
The Full Moon in June is also known as the Strawberry Moon. This name was universal to every Algonquin tribe, because the relatively short season for harvesting strawberries comes early each year during the month of June. However, in Europe, they called it the Rose Moon. (Farmer’s Almanac)
“Misbehave … with integrity.”
~Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Tips for The June 2022 Sagittarius Full Moon:
Believe in magic; it lives within you. The universe is a divine orchestrator of wonder. Stay open and curious and go where the tide pulls you. This is a ripe opportunity to re-enchant your world, to call the magic back, and breathe new life into stagnant or stale areas. Just as your cells contain ancient wisdom … nature, the cosmos, the sun, and the moon also hold these frequencies. They are here to guide and support you. Choose the fun adventure, and worry will melt away.
Fire energy can feel intimidating. This is a wonderful time to explore your connection to the divine spark that lives within you. Candle gazing is a wonderful way to connect with the light, growing the flame within. Think of this flame as a divine feminine muse, here to shepherd your dreams forward. This aspect merges with the divine masculine to support and serve you on your human journey. Notice the moments you feel a tug at your heart; honor the nudge, follow the stirring … it has a message for you. Trust this, trust yourself, trust the path unfolding before you – even if you can’t fully see it just yet. This too is a perfect intentional design.
Ways You Can Connect to This Full Moon:
- Find out when the moonrise is in your city by going here: http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
- Gather the following:
A piece of paper to write on, and a pen
An open mind and heart
A willingness to be held by the divine feminine
- Begin by sitting upon the Earth, in a place where you can see or sense the energy of the Full Moon. Let the body move into a comfortable position.
- Bring your attention to your breath. Breathing in and out slowly, mindfully … feel the fullness of your belly and the lightness of your mind. Slow your inhalation and exhalation and let the eyes gently close. Try to remain open and connected to your breath.
- Expand your awareness … can you feel the light of the moon with your eyes closed? Can you sense her presence in this moment? Tune in deeply … and let go.
- Without controlling the mind, begin drawing forth single words of appreciation. What or whom are you grateful for? Take time with this … then, when you are ready, allow the single words to become a sentence. What or whom are you grateful for? Allow more and more examples to float forward.
- Let yourself be energetically held by the moon as you breathe. This is a subtle exercise in trusting the feminine to support you. It is just one of the many ways we learn to open and receive.
- Stay here in the presence of gratitude for a few minutes in silence and appreciation. Make sure you include yourself – appreciating yourself for showing up in this way. When you are ready, open your eyes and let your eyes adjust to the space around you.
- To work with the fire element, you might wish to spend some time journaling and burning – releasing anything that no longer serves you – and burning the paper in a fire-safe bowl. You can also acknowledge the old patterns and cycles that have come to a close, letting them go, and thanking them for the lessons they taught you.
*Reminder: each Full Moon will impact you for up to 3 days prior to the Full Moon and 3 days after the Full Moon.
Full Moons are always powerful times for releasing and letting go, as well as for gratitude and appreciation. Create your own ceremony to embrace the energy this lunar cycle offers to create space in your life for what you truly desire. As always, remember, you are not alone in experiencing this Full Moon phase. Be mindful of this while encountering others over these next few days. Send them love as they are also shining a light on themselves. They might be a little more sensitive during this time. The next Full Moon is in the sign of Capricorn on July 13th – it is known as the Full Buck Moon.
Want to clear your space during the Full Moon? Try out Sunny’s organic White Sage. A smudging ceremony completed with white sage is a simple way to relieve the negativity in your soul or your home and replace it with positive intentions and energy! Check it out HERE in the SDJ Boutique.
Melissa Kim Corter
Melissa Kim Corter is a best-selling author, intuitive coach, and clinical hypnotherapist. She helps women overcome money and visibility blocks with evidence-based and spiritual approaches. She guides entrepreneurs to manifest increased levels of financial and emotional success with her heightened intuition. Melissa mentors entrepreneurs to hone their message and gifts, while activating potential. She feels we’re here to live a legacy, not just leave one behind. Melissa builds business with magic, ritual, and strategy; weaving joy into the talents our souls came to express. She’s the founder of Wild Woman Inc., a sacred online gathering space and marketplace for the woman “who knows her magic” and seeks to celebrate it with other conscious, collaborative, women. Check out the Wild Woman Marketplace for witchy, wise, magical, and mystical products and services for women. http://wild-woman.com/