Looks like this month’s full moon has us practicing how to be present! One of the most challenging things for us humans to do: Presence in the moment! Here is some great info for this month’s FULL MOON – Enjoy – SDJ ♥
November 4th Full Moon in Taurus
The Taurus Full Moon grounds us into the moment, calling attention to the energy reserve we have available with the steadiness of spirit. There is a solid foundation beneath any fear or worry you may be tuning into, these emotions often uncovering deeper healing in action. Discern when to take action and when to hold back; the inspirational energy can also be confused with impulsiveness if you are not present to it. It is not a time to cling to your comfort zone, yet a time to redefine it.
If you are struggling with consistency and a schedule, this full moon can help you release complacency, trading it in for focused determination upon your goals and dreams. Get clear on where you wish to invest your energy and intention during this Full Moon. This month is all about breaking things down into bite-sized and manageable tasks. Concrete results will follow your presence to what is important and real within your mind, not in the outer world. Your energetic threshold to persevere will rise. This occurs as you dilute fear to reveal the potency of possibility.
Full Beaver Moon – November This was the time to set beaver traps before the swamps froze, to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. Another interpretation suggests that the name Full Beaver Moon comes from the fact that the beavers are now actively preparing for winter. It is sometimes also referred to as the Frosty Moon. (Farmer’s Almanac)
Full Moon Self Care for Taurus Energy:
- Physical- Sing, use your voice with compassion. Taurus rules the throat, neck, thyroid gland, jaw, and vocal tract.
- Emotional- Taurus connects to the earth element. Use Earth to ground in decision making and assisting to release. Work through stubbornness with consideration and presence. Stones to work with are ruby, sapphire, topaz, tourmaline.
- Spiritually- Work with Earth to heal old wounds, let her absorb any excess energy, negative thoughts, and worry. Taurus is slow and steady energy, let it assist you in becoming loyal to your dreams.
Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
Tips for The November 2017 Taurus Full Moon:
The Earth element reminds of us of the abundance surrounding us in each moment, flower, trees, mountains, and lakes. There is a natural ebb and flow in nature, always enough, and always more to come. Earth is the foundation to all other elements, the space for their existence to be realized. This Full Moon provides deeper insight to the majesty of the Earth element, connecting to the soil, the lifeblood of our home. Earth teaches us to root down in to our own truths. Earth is methodical and stable, releasing the fast paced nature of the whirlwind desire can bring.
Now is the time to get clear on what you want to let go of, and if there is uncertainty, hand it over to the moon and mother earth. It is not resting solely upon your shoulders, you are never alone and there is more support beyond what your eyes are allowing you to see. Let the energy rise up from Earth to support you while receiving the moon’s pull from within to guide any shifts.
Ways You Can Connect to This Full Moon:
- Find out when the moon rise is in your city by going here: http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
- Find a place where you can see, or sense the energy of the full moon. Preferably a comfortable position with the moon in sight.
- If you can sit on the ground, allow yourself to root down into the Earth. Feel roots growing from your lower body and hips, connecting deeply down.
- Take 5 to 10 deep breaths as you imagine the roots going into the center of the Earth. See, sense, or feel them wrapping around the core of the Earth three times. Feeling anchored in take another breath.
- Bring your awareness now up to the sky, invite the essence of the moon in … feel the solid nature of the body connecting to the Earth while simultaneously experiencing the magnetic pull of the moon. Notice if they are in harmony…
- Use your breath the bring these two energies together, meeting in the heart. As above, so below. Stay with this experience for five to ten more minutes.
**Reminder: each full moon will impact you for up to 3 days prior to the full moon and 3 days after the full moon.
Full moons are always powerful times for releasing and letting go. Try creating your own ceremony or honoring of this time to embrace the energy that this time has to help you create space in your life for what you truly desire. As always remember, you are not alone in experiencing this phase, be mindful of this when encountering others over these next few days. Send them love as they are also shining a light on themselves and may be extra sensitive during this time. The next full moon is on December 3rd, it is known as the Full Cold Moon
Melissa Kim Corter is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Shamanic practitioner certified over 20 healing modalities. She helps clients release fear & clear away the emotional clutter from their life experiences. Through various modalities coupled with her heightened intuition, she connects with your spirit for expanded truth and guidance on how to shift limiting beliefs. The earth, moon, and elements have been a channel for deeper levels of healing and connection for Melissa, stirring a passion within her to teach others to embrace the natural world.
Melissa has opened the Moon Vault! Do you feel erratic, wonky, or emotional during the Full Moon? The Moon Vault is your home for monthly recordings, information, tips, and practices to find your own natural rhythm and harmony with the moon cycles.