The Clairs – Your connection to the spirit world
When you are learning to tap into your intuition and the spirit world around you, it is important to understand how the messages will show up. Spirit will send you a message, and your mind and body will begin to experience mental impressions: visions, sounds, feelings, thoughts, and even smells. These are collectively referred to as “the clairs”:
You’re probably going to notice that your psychic information is delivered in one or two ways most often. To help you determine what your dominant clairs are, let’s begin by explaining what they are and how they might show up in psychics or mediums, and of course your own life.
Clairvoyance means “clear seeing.” This is the ability to see in your mind’s eye, called the third eye; a psychic picture or vision of a spirit, object, symbol, or whatever the medium is connecting with during a reading. Clairvoyance is one of the least common, but most desired, of the clairs.
Here are a few ways you might experience clairvoyance:
• Seeing shadows and movements out of the corner of your eye or in your peripheral vision
• Seeing flickering lights of different colors
• Having visions which may come to you as a movie or picture inside or outside of your mind
• Having visions of deceased loved ones or angels
• Seeing images and mental pictures which may come to you in a dream
• Experiencing déjà vu
• Seeing colors and auras
• Having visual signs from heaven, which can be literal or symbolic
Clairaudience means “clear hearing.” This is the use of one’s psychic ear—sounds that are heard but are not always physically detectable. In a reading, the psychic or medium might psychically detect or hear voices, music, or other sounds that no one else can.
Here are a few ways you might experience clairaudience:
• Sounds, voices, and words
• The still, small voice within
• A physical or nonphysical voice that you hear inside your heart or head (it might call your name)
• A song on the radio that gives you a message, or a loud voice that comes from nowhere and warns you of danger
• Ringing, buzzing, or popping in your ears
• Music and singing from unidentified sources
• House-settling noises
• Whispers behind you when there is no one there
Clairsentience means “clear feeling.” The feeling can be physical or energetic. A medium can sense when spirits are present and observe their feelings physically and emotionally.
Here are a few ways you might experience clairsentience:
• Chills and goose bumps
• Changes in room temperature; light-headedness
• Feeling a brush against your face
• Tightened stomach muscles
• A feeling of peace or calm
• A gut feeling that you need to do something
• Sudden change in air pressure
• Picking up another’s feelings (physical or emotional)
Claircognizance means “clear knowing.” This is when a psychic or medium receives a download of information about a situation or an insight from Spirit instantaneously—usually out of the blue. It is like a telepathic transfer of information. We don’t see, hear, feel, or smell this information . . . we just know. This form of clair is probably the most difficult to trust because we wonder how we can “know” something without knowing how we know it.
You might experience claircognizance through a sudden:
Clairfragrance means “clear scent.” This is the ability to pick up smells from the psychic nose that are otherwise undetectable by the physical nose. It’s common for there to be a fragrance associated with those who are no longer alive and for which no source can be identified.
Sometimes spirits will offer a scent, such as:
• Tobacco smoke
• Baked bread
• Other relevant smells that might be used as a message for validation
What is your strongest attribute? How does spirit speak to you? Please share in the comments below. I’d love to hear. Mine is clairsentient:) – SDJ♥