I always love the energy of the full moon – well … almost always. Sometime it gets a bit intense, which is why I ask people that tune into moon energy to let me know, in advance … what to be mindful of. I’m one of those types of people that would rather have awareness ahead of time … than not … so … Here is some great info for this month’s FULL MOON by Melissa Corter – Enjoy – SDJ ♥
October 24th Full Moon in Taurus
This October Full Moon places attention on relationships and finances. Although it can feel a little bumpy or rocky for some, there is great potential rising to heal and repair ancient stories, stagnant energy, and emotional turmoil. The theme for October is “use your spiritual tools”; you have been building a toolkit with your life experience for years. Utilize processes and rituals to bring in harmony as you smooth out the rough edges you may be bumping up against. It might feel like the pieces of your life were tossed into the air without rhyme or reason; harness this energy and watch in wonder as the pieces land in a new formation, better than before.
Patience and trust are necessary ingredients leading you to find your center. Focus on grounding your energy in present awareness, discern the free flowing emotions surfacing without judgment or reaction. Energy is moving, flowing, finding a natural harmony within you; resistance will cause a little friction in this process. Open to your higher self, follow your breath, and plant your roots down deep into the Earth. Mother Earth is your ally, together with the Moon, they invite you to feel the elements supporting you and teaching you how to release with a softness you may not have experiences before. This is a time of grace with your words, actions, and beliefs and most importantly receiving this grace for yourself.
Let in the light, the release of the Full Moon need not feel hard, or aggressive. Receive with grace and release with ease, as the breath moves through you, there is a natural inhalation and exhalation. This flow is the exact mirror of nature revealing a process of healing and abundance for you during this time.
November’s full Moon was called the Beaver Moon by both the Algonquin tribes and colonial Americans. The Native Americans used the monthly Moons and nature’s signs as a sort of calendar to track the seasons. Back then, this was the month to set beaver traps before the swamps froze, to ensure a supply of warm winter furs.
The November full Moon was also called the Full Frost Moon by other Native American tribes. (Farmer’s Almanac)
Full Moon Self Care for Taurus Energy:
- Physical- Sing, use your voice with compassion. Taurus rules the throat, neck, thyroid gland, jaw, and vocal tract.
- Emotional- Taurus connect to the earth element, use Earth to ground in decision making and assisting to release. Work through stubbornness with consideration and presence. Stones to work with are ruby, sapphire, topaz, tourmaline.
- Spiritually- Work with Earth to heal old wounds, let her absorb any excess energy, negative thoughts, and worry. Taurus is slow and steady energy, let it assist you in becoming loyal to your dreams.
“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Tips for The October 2018 Taurus Full Moon:
The Earth element reminds of us of the abundance surrounding us in each moment, flower, trees, mountains, and lakes. There is a natural ebb and flow in nature, always enough, and always more to come. Earth is the foundation to all other elements, the space for their existence to be realized. This Full Moon provides deeper insight to the majesty of the Earth element, connecting to the soil, the lifeblood of our home. Earth teaches us to root down in to our own truths. Earth is methodical and stable, releasing the fast paced nature of the whirlwind desire can bring.
Now is the time to get clear on what you want to let go of, and if there is uncertainty, hand it over to the moon and mother earth. It is not resting solely upon your shoulders, you are never alone and there is more support beyond what your eyes are allowing you to see. Let the energy rise up from Earth to support your while receiving the moon’s pull from within to guide any shifts.
Ways You Can Connect to This Full Moon:
- Find out when the moon rise is in your city by going here: http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
- Find a place where you can see, or sense the energy of the full moon. Preferably a comfortable position with the moon in sight.
- If you can sit on the ground, allow yourself to root down into the Earth. Feel roots growing from your lower body and hips, connecting deeply down.
- Take 5 to 10 deep breaths as you imagine the roots going into the center of the Earth. See, sense, or feel them wrapping around the core of the Earth three times. Feeling anchored in take another breath.
- Bring your awareness now up to the sky, invite the essence of the moon in…..feel the solid nature of the body connecting to the Earth while simultaneously experiencing the magnetic pull of the moon. Notice if they are in harmony…
- Use your breath the bring these two energies together, meeting in the heart. As above, so below. Stay with this experience for five to ten more minutes.
**Reminder: each full moon will impact you for up to 3 days prior to the full moon and 3 days after the full moon.
Full moons are always powerful times for releasing and letting go. Try creating your own ceremony or honoring of this time to embrace the energy that this time has to help you create space in your life for what you truly desire. As always remember, you are not alone in experiencing this phase, be mindful of this when encountering others over these next few days. Send them love as they are also shining a light on themselves and may be extra sensitive during this time. The next full moon is on November 23rd, it is known as the Full Beaver Moon
Melissa Kim Corter is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Shamanic practitioner certified over 20 healing modalities. She helps clients release fear & clear away the emotional clutter from their life experiences. Through various modalities coupled with her heightened intuition, she connects with your spirit for expanded truth and guidance on how to shift limiting beliefs. The earth, moon, and elements have been a channel for deeper levels of healing and connection for Melissa, stirring a passion within her to teach others to embrace the natural world.
Melissa has opened the Moon Vault! Do you feel erratic, wonky, or emotional during the Full Moon? The Moon Vault is your home for monthly recordings, information, tips, and practices to find your own natural rhythm and harmony with the moon cycles. http://melissacorter.com/join-the-moon-vault