I always love the energy of the full moon – well … almost always. Sometimes it gets a bit intense, which is why I ask people that tune into moon energy to let me know, in advance … what to be mindful of. I’m one of those types of people that would rather have awareness ahead of time … than not … so … Here is some great info for this month’s FULL MOON by Melissa Corter – Enjoy – SDJ ♥
May 18th Full Moon in Scorpio
Each Full Moon is an opportunity to witness our predestined intentions coming to fruition. The goals, dreams, and desires we now see before us are the culmination of our alignment during the last New Moon, two weeks earlier. The Scorpio Full Moon escorts emotions to the surface; ready or not, they serve us and call us to view the obscure layers within the mind.
The Full Moon represents the hidden self, the shadow side of our psyche and being. We unconsciously try to hide this from others; yet every now and then we give them a glimpse and allow our vulnerable side to shine through. The gift of this Scorpio Moon is often hidden in the potentiality of experiences. Reach beyond the facade of fear – this is not a solid reality, only a temporary experience. This Scorpio Full Moon can accentuate latent fears, not to cause harm or create discomfort, yet to assist you in revealing the necessary shifts a part of you has been called into creating. This is a blessing, as it allows you to witness the energy brewing beneath the surface for the release of stifling beliefs. The more constraint you feel internally, the greater the desire will be to spring forth from the cocoon you have now outgrown.
The May Full Moon is also known as the Flower Moon, providing evidence of spiritual abundance as tiny buds open, reminding us to keep an open heart in the presence of change. Scorpio energy can feel intense, although the Moon’s essence is supportive in nature if you allow this to be the preeminent intention during this time.
Depending on the tribe, May’s Full Moon was called the Full Flower Moon as well as Mother’s Moon, Milk Moon, and Corn Planting Moon. The May Moon marked a time of increasing fertility with temperatures warm enough for safely bearing young, a near end to late frosts, and plants in bloom.
Full moons influence the undercurrent and emotional aspects of our being, the divine feminine – receptive, open, and always listening. Scorpio is a water sign, so be mindful of heightened emotions and sensitivities around the subjects of love, relationships, and passion. Allow this Full Moon to expose the internal dramas. Release them to the light of the moon for transformation, liberating the Scorpio energy of internal emotion, transforming it into pure, creative, expression. Scorpio energy can help align deep truth, making clear agendas from the human ego, moving the mental patters into the heart for new levels of channeled creativity.
“Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.”
Tips for May 18th Full Moon in Scorpio:
Open your heart to those who deserve more of it at this time, be patient with yourself, and make the time to honor those who been a part of your journey. Witness the tricks of the mind and allow the emotions to flow through you. Let the element of water guide you with divine knowing of how to help you move, clear yourself and your mind. Channel emotion into creativity – an abundance of ideas are now ready to move through you, allowing past projects to take on a new form. Be mindful of what needs your attention and energy at this time and release what feels like it has become flat.
Ways you can allow this Full Moon to support you:
- Find out when the moon rise is in your city by going here: http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
- Find a place where you can see or sense the energy of the full moon. Preferably a comfortable position with the moon in sight. If you can sit outside, on the earth for this exercise you may notice a larger shift.
- Have your journal, or a piece of paper and writing instrument nearby. Tune in to your body, and ask your body to bring to surface a situation you would like resolution with.
- Follow your breath, and breath in and out deeply and slowly for five cycles of breath. You can even count like this: 5…. I am breathing in….5 I am breathing out. 4…. I am breathing in….4 I am breathing out. Continue to breath in this manner until you feel settled and present.
- Now, bringing your awareness back to the body, notice if there is wisdom and information for you in the form of tension, relaxation, spaciousness, emotion, color, or sensation.
- Get curious and stay present. Start writing about the sensations and continue asking internally for your body to reveal more.
- After about five to ten minutes, ask your body to provide you with some form of insight to your situation. Notice again, the information in the form of sensations and continue to write anything that comes to you.
- Examine your writing, is there a step you can take it letting go, forgiveness, or surrender? The Full Moon always contains potent wisdom for you in the form of subtle guidance.
- After you spend a few minutes in reflection with your writing, you may burn your papers to transmute any energy that may have come up for you.
**Reminder: each full moon will impact you for up to 3 days prior to the full moon and 3 days after the full moon.
Full moons are always powerful times for releasing and letting go. Try creating your own ceremony or honoring of this time to embrace the energy that this time has to help you create space in your life for what you truly desire. As always remember, you are not alone in experiencing this phase, be mindful of this when encountering others over these next few days. Send them love as they are also shining a light on themselves and may be extra sensitive during this time. The next full moon is in the sign of Sagittarius on June17th, it is known as the Full Strawberry Moon.
Melissa Kim Corter
Melissa Kim Corter is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Shamanic practitioner certified over 20 healing modalities. She helps clients release fear & clear away the emotional clutter from their life experiences. Through various modalities coupled with her heightened intuition, she connects with your spirit for expanded truth and guidance on how to shift limiting beliefs. The earth, moon, and elements have been a channel for deeper levels of healing and connection for Melissa, stirring a passion within her to teach others to embrace the natural world.
Do you feel erratic, wonky, or emotional during the Full Moon? The Moon holds the key to the subconscious mind. Book a session with Melissa during the Full Moon to move the energy, uncover the blocks and find your own natural rhythm and harmony within the moon cycles.